Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Between Estimates of the Emissions Income Elasticity

My paper Between Estimates of the Environmental Kuznets Curve has been accepted for publication by Ecological Economics. I changed the title though to "Between estimates of the emissions income elasticity", which seems reasonable given that I don't reject a log-linear relation between (sulfur and carbon) emissions and income per capita. So I confirm the findings of Wagner (2008) and Vollebergh et al. (2009) who used other methods to get around some of the econometric issues facing EKC estimation. You should know that there is a lot of resistance to publishing more "EKC" papers in the top journals. So you better have something rather innovative to say about this topic at this point I think to get published.

No comments:

Post a Comment