I got a request for the data in our 1997 paper in Nature on climate change. I didn't think I'd be able to send the actual data we used as I used to follow the practice of continually updating the datasets that I most used rather than keeping an archival copy of the data actually used in a paper. But I found a version from February 1997, which was the month we submitted the final version of the paper. I got the RATS code to read the file and with a few tweaks it was producing the results that are in the paper. These are the results for observational data in the paper, not those using data from the Hadley climate model. I have now put up the files on my website. In the process I found this website - zamzar.com - that can convert .wks to .xls files. Apparently, recent versions of Excel can't read the .wks Lotus 1-2-3 files that were a standard format 20 or more years years ago. For those that don't know, Lotus 1-2-3 was the most popular spreadsheet program before Microsoft introduced Excel. I used it in the late 80s and early 90s when I was in grad school.