Thursday, August 18, 2011

Career Update

Some of you have known about this for a while, but as I just signed the contract it is now official: My position at ANU in the Crawford School is being converted from a one-year fixed term position to a continuing position (the closest we get to tenure in Australia) and I am also being promoted from Associate Professor to Professor. This follows my presentation and interview on 27th June as part of a search in the area of environmental management and environmental economics. Several positions were advertised and, in fact, Crawford will interview for (a) further position(s). Anyway, the bottom line is I'll now be staying at ANU and no longer looking for a job. I thank everyone who helped me out in this job search including writing recommendations, passing on job opportunities, and giving me the opportunity to interview at various places.

4 comments: