Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Role of Energy in Economic Growth

A few months ago I serialized a paper I was revising on the role of energy in economic growth. I didn't include all the material in the paper and it wasn't serialized in order. The paper will be appearing next year in Ecological Economics Reviews, which is an annual edition of the Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences.

A working paper version of the paper is now available in the new working paper series of the Centre for Climate Economics and Policy.* The paper is an extensively revised and updated version of my 2004 working paper on the topic. That turned out to be my most downloaded and most cited working paper but only saw publication in a shortened form in the Encyclopedia of Energy. So I thought an update with journal publication would be a good idea! The main novelty in the new paper is the synthesis section which presents a very simple unified growth theory model. I have another working paper that will appear shortly that provides much more detail on that topic, so will reserve comment until then.

*The paper is also available on SSRN as my first contribution to the USSEE/IAEE Working Paper Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment